Stand-up comedy classes
Corporate and private coaching by Michael Alexander.
Corporations and education clients hire us to teach:
- Effective joke-writing techniques
- How to workshop material
- Bring humor into their day-to-day lives
- Garner confidence and hone public speaking skills
Our stand-up classes are designed to inspire students to:
- Overcome social anxiety and fear of public speaking
- Move beyond comfort zones and develop performance skills
- Analysis of proper joke structure to hone writing skills that create powerful messaging with few words
- Develop personal style with unique points-of-view
Performance anxiety is very real, and it can affect even highly successful entrepreneurs. Whether making a presentation to potential investors, or just explaining your goals to employees, being comfortable in front of a crowd and on your toes is an essential life skill. It is also a baseline requirement for succeeding in sales.
Stand-up comedy teaches you to focus on all the signals your audience is giving you, both verbal and nonverbal. It makes you acutely aware of body language, which is vital know-how in the business world, and helps you deliver your business presentation with confidence. Stand-up comedy classes can be an excellent alternative to traditional sales training.
This course includes instruction on:
- Joke writing
- Tagging jokes, as well as setting up callbacks
- Act outs
- Curing stage fright
- Maximizing laughs
- Finding your point-of-view
- Putting together a routine
- Adding humor to business presentations and increasing confidence